• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom unusable on BOTH MY COMPUTERS

Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opens but as soon as I try to import my images it crashes - whatever I try.

I am working in an office where my job is to edit images of new products and I simply cannot do my job and risk losing it because the arrogant company behind the software won't help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide details such as OS, software version, and precise steps you are taking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies.

Windows 10

Lightroom Classic  - latest version 9.2.1

As for steps...

If I insert a media card into the reader, LR starts and then crashes on the Import screen (thumbnails don't appear in the short time before this happens)

If I start LR on its own it survives until I either click import or insert a card like in the first example.

A few weeks ago a similar problem was caused by an update to the Nvidia GTX 1050Ti card in my laptop and I saw a connection. Installed the previous graphics driver and all was well. No such update has since occurred, but as a result the video driveer is not the mmost uo-to-date version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop machine at home:

Windows 10

Lightroom 9.2.1

On this machine I just open a catalog and the app crashes. Don't touch anything at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to connected to my CC account.

On a whim I logged out of CC and then tried to open the program. It didn't crash but waited for me to log in without crashing.

When I did log in the same pattern repeated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines