• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom update unusable (for me at least) - can't import, export, can't even quit!

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

So... as my update was downloading I thought - this is a bad idea upgrading so early (Lightroom Classic and have Catalina)

I upgraded. Now, I finally finish editing a wedding, go to export ~540 files and the export box doesn't come up. 

Figured it was 'working on it' so went to Import something else. I selected 19 files out of about 100 and the import flashes like it was super fast and nothing happened.  No import took place.

Tried to quit Lightroom and it doesn't quit. Have to force quit - I let it sit there for like 15 min. (Macbook Pro, six-core, 32gb ram, plenty of HD free).  This quitting issue happened to me twice so far.

Anyone else having issues like this? Or did everyone stay away from the upgrade so early?

Not being totally crazy, I went to my backup MBP and my backup of the catalog while this gets ironed out with updates.  Actually, as I write this, the export dialog just came up (after 27 minutes 😞

I have Lightroom and Photoshop installed on this MBP - it's VERY clean.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?