Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom updates and plug in manager

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've noticed data missing from RAW my files. I have found a solution - to download and install DNG recovery edge plug-in. https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/lightroomplugins.html

However, this is only available for version 4 and higher.  Creative Cloud tells me I'm running Lightroom 3.3 and that it's the latest version (which seems incorrect) but also I can't find a solution to retrieve the data loss with Lightroom 3.3. 

I have a student plan with Creative Cloud - does this limit the versions available to me? 

So, how can I recovery RAW data for 3.3 or how do I update to version 4?

Thanks in advance 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a very old plug-in, designed to be used with the very old Lightroom 4 (not the cloud version). I don't know that it has been updated. I used it for a time. It recovered a few pixels, but I didn't see much advantage to it. It seemed more of a plug-in to satisfy those who wanted to think they were "getting the most" from their images. My experience was that it didn't add enough to make any difference. As I recall, it added about three rows of pixels on each side. Hardly enough to make any difference or impact on the image at all. Maybe in one image out of 1000 it might do something meaningful. But personally, I thought it just to be another toy to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines