Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom v Lightroom Classic & Storage issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help with Adobe & Lightroom

I recently made the switch to using Lightroom CC from Lightroom Classic and i'm storing all new photos in the cloud where i have 100gb storage with Adobe

On the Adobe cloud I already have 30gb worth of photos stored but Lightroom seems to be storing double that (60gb) on my laptop in library files, how is that even possible?

I wanted to increase the cloud storage up to 1TB but I was quoted a ridiculous price. 

I currently pay £373 annually for the full Creative Suite with 100GB and to increase it to 1TB I’d need to pay £655 - Basically charging me £282 for 1TB storage when i could buy an external 1TB HD for £30

I'm considering moving back to Lightroom classic for the following reasons…

1. I won’t have double the storage amount of my photos on the laptop unnecessary 
  2. I’d be able to run/store everything on a 1TB HD without having to pay £282 for additional cloud storage

Some questions.

Q - Does anyone think that moving back to Lightroom Classic would be a mistake?

Q - Is it easy to migrate photos from Lightroom CC into Classic keep the folder & album structures i set up

Q - Would i be able to initially upload a new photos to Lightroom CC so i could edit them on the go and then transfer them over to Lightroom Classic for storage and any future changes

The only negative thing i can see from it would be not being able to edit on my tablet and have it automatically synced with the laptop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?