• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't delete selected photos from HD?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since yesterday LR refuses to delete marked files from my HD. I normally work as follows: reject files using 'x', then press CLTR-BCKSPC (windows) to delete files. Pop up shows: delete from Collection OR delete from collection and disk.

This options seems to have disappeared....

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? There's a difference, and it would be well if you would clarify which version you are using. Please state the exact version number you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, my bad (sorry): I am using LR Classic/8.4.1 (latest version). Hope you can help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Lightroom Classic 8.4.1. Haven't used the delete option very often, so I just went and tried it. If I use it in a collection I find that I am only given the option to remove the image from the collection. Lightroom Classic doesn't give me the option to delete from the disk. That's about all I can tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines