Highlighted

Lightroom Won't Export as TIFFs

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's beyond annoying that Lightroom won't allow me to export edited photos as TIFFs. It only offers the option for JPEGs. Yes, yes, I know -- open it in Photoshop. But I didn't pay for Photoshop.

It's even more annoying that merely wanting to export a photo as a TIFF means I have to spend more money to get Photoshop, when I was convinced that Lightroom 2.4.1 alone would be sufficient, considering all other photo editing programs allow you to export as a TIFF without making an issue out of it, or a bait-and-switch. 

If anyone knows a solution I haven't found yet, please let me know, otherwise I'm assuming I will have to pay for an upgrade or something. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Won't Export as TIFFs

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's beyond annoying that Lightroom won't allow me to export edited photos as TIFFs. It only offers the option for JPEGs. Yes, yes, I know -- open it in Photoshop. But I didn't pay for Photoshop.

It's even more annoying that merely wanting to export a photo as a TIFF means I have to spend more money to get Photoshop, when I was convinced that Lightroom 2.4.1 alone would be sufficient, considering all other photo editing programs allow you to export as a TIFF without making an issue out of it, or a bait-and-switch. 

If anyone knows a solution I haven't found yet, please let me know, otherwise I'm assuming I will have to pay for an upgrade or something. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The save options in Lightroom for the cloud are limited. If you want options for saving in different formats then you need to be using Lightroom Classic. If you have subscribed to the photography plan then Lightroom Classic is available for download at no additional cost. If you haven't subscribed to that plan then it will be necessary for you to use some other method to create your TIF images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose the plan where you get Lightroom and 1TB storage for $9.99. Confirming that I can download Lightroom Classic for free, which I assume lets me save as TIFFs? If so, please let me know how. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Lightroom Classic does provide the option to save images as TIF files. A word of caution, however. It's difficult to try to make the two versions work together on the same computer. They are not designed to work well together in that configuration. You can do it, but it can lead to a life of frustration.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
selondon LATEST
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Export options are now available in today’s release of Lightroom Desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0