• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linear Gradient No Longer Works in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else found that the linear gradiant tools stopped working as of March 29, 2020?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not seeing a problem. Are you using Lightroom 3.2?

Try viewing the overlay after dragging the gradient. Tab two or three times with the O key to cycle and see the mask. Try using the exposure slider to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran a test on the current versions of Lightroom Classic and Lightroom and do not see an issue. Perhaps sharing a screen capture will enable people to best address your issue.

best,\j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with Linear Gradient after a while it works fine. not exactly stopped working:

When using it and setting the gradient lines in the image the upper image is painted by red as should be but the red color stays on and I don't see any change when sliding the controls. Just after pressing the "Edit" button (i.e leaving the Linear Gradient screen), I can see the control effection.  

I am using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urik-

Can you share a screen capture illustrating the issue?

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will be displaying the red overlay. You can toggle on/off by tabbing with the "O" key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it looks the "o" key (lower case o)  was pressed by mistake.

Just for the record, it is not a regular toggle key: i.e. need to press it several times, till it is back to "normal" state.

BR

Uri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three times I think, to cycle:

-tool overlay

-mask overlay

-no overlay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem. Can you help how you correct it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The red overlay used to be off by default. now you have to toggle it off EVERY time the gradient tool is used. Even saving the gradient as a preset doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines