Highlighted

local catalog damaged

Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i go to open lightroom (not lightroom classic) and a red message pops up saing local catalog damaged. below that it says you can fix this problem by restoring from your cloud backup and gives step by step below but i cant find the file they start off with for this procedure. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my computer, restarting my computer, and searching through my documents but cant find anything. i just want to be able to edit my photos again, please help

Topics

Crash or freeze, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

local catalog damaged

Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i go to open lightroom (not lightroom classic) and a red message pops up saing local catalog damaged. below that it says you can fix this problem by restoring from your cloud backup and gives step by step below but i cant find the file they start off with for this procedure. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my computer, restarting my computer, and searching through my documents but cant find anything. i just want to be able to edit my photos again, please help

Topics

Crash or freeze, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirm, when you start Lightroom you see a splash screen with a dog?

What operating system? If Mac, go to Pictures, on and you'll see a file called Lightroom Library.lrlibrary - that's the local catalog. As Lightroom's catalog is in the cloud, you can delete this local catalog (or just rename it) and restarting LR will make it recreate one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely worked! Everything else didn’t. Not even the solution adobe provided. Thank you soooooooo much! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the info. I have been trying to solve this problem for 2 days. Nothing helped but this definitely did!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. On Windows Close Lightroom
  2. Hold down the windows key and Press R to bring up the run dialog
  3. Type %appdata% and hit return
  4. Navigate  the file path through Local to Data and open the folder with a long string of numbers
  5. Rename the file Managed Catalog.mcat to Managed Catalog.old
  6. Delete the previews database
  7. Close Explorer and re-launch Lightroom
  8. Wait for sync to complete

On Mac OS start from Pictures and open Package Contents.

See Local Catalog Damaged for more information.

Run.jpg

Mcat.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i get to Local, there is no Data option for a folder. I tried clicking
through the Adobe folder from that point and then Lightroom but there is no
manage cat anything, just Caches or Preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Local folder, then open the Adobe folder, then open the Lightroom CC folder, then open the Data folder, then open the folder with the long numbers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found all of that, renamed it to old, deleted the previews folder and the
previews file at the bottom, restarted light room and it still brings up
the local catalog damage. I then uninstalled Lightroom classic to see if
that would effect it but nothing has changed and it still pulls that same
message and i now have Old, Old(2) and Old(3) files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you log-in to the cloud from a web browser and check that everything is there.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah from there it loads all my pictures i have linked to it and i can edit
those like i used to. Which is even more confusing onto why the
downloadable link on my desktop cant do this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines