• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local Catalogue Damaged

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having unsuccessful (and frustrating) conversations on the chat feature for two weeks now about my Lightroom programme but have not had any useful solutions and now the chat feature seems to have disappeared for me. Everytime I open my Lightoom, I get a message saying Local Catalogue Damaged. I have tried everything suggested to no success by people on chat (moving around and deleting files) and have uninstalled and reinstalled the programme. 

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I'm using Mac and I weirldy don't have the Pictures file anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having this issue on my Imac and i cannot for the life of me work it out. did you work it out ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried deleting the local library? Unless you have images in there that haven't yet uploaded to the cloud, it's generally quite safe to delete the local library, as Lightroom will rebuild it from the master cloud catalog the next time you start Lightroom. What operating system are you using, as the default location of the local library varies, depending on the OS used.

For MacOS it's the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary folder that you should find in the users Pictures folder.

For Windows, go to user/AppData/Local/Adobe/Lightroom CC/ and delete the Data sub-folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's the cloud based Lightroom then you could try deleting the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary folder and let it rebuild from the Cloud.

Make sure you have a back up of any recently imported photos just in case they haven't synced to the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines