Highlighted

Local files to Lightroom CC import

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently bought an iPad Pro tablet to use mostly for on-the-go image editing. This will be my only set up and I do not have a desktop or laptop device with which I use Lightroom Classic CC.

I intend to pay for the 1To Adobe Creative Cloud storage space, but before that I have three questions that have been very frustrating so far:

- How can I add RAW file pictures (Fuji Raw) from my Camera (or those that I already have stored, for example in my local drive or in Google Drive) directly on to my Lightroom CC pictures? So far, I have only been able to do this by adding them before to Lightroom Classic CC, and then from there shift them to the sync'ed Lightroom CC folder. This will not be an option considering I am now fully switching to a mobile iPad pro set up.

- How can I shift pictures that I have on my Adobe Creative Cloud storage space into Lightroom CC ?

- Is it at all possible to manage Lightroom CC pictures as you would on Classic CC? By that I mean, the possibility to create multiple collections/albums from the same stored pictures? It seems that they have a classical folder structure meaning that the pictures are physically located in each folder and you cannot mirror them around in several collections/albums, which if it is so I find very limiting.

Please let me know if I can further detail any of the questions! And thanks in advance for your support.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jao vdL | Adobe Community Professional

How can I add RAW file pictures (Fuji Raw) from my Camera (or those that I already have stored, for example in my local drive or in Google Drive) directly on to my Lightroom CC pictures?

You need to get a card reader (or USB connector to your camera) that works with your iPad pro. You import the raw files to the photo roll and then inside Lightroom CC on the iPad, you import them from the photo roll. You can then delete the images from the photoroll. Due to Apple's restrictions on what apps can access these card readers you can't directly import into Lightroom on the iPad. This has been the case since the very first mobile Lightroom: see here: Jao's photo blog: A mobile workflow with Lightroom? 

You can also import into Lightroom CC on your desktop machine. No need to have Classic in between.

- How can I shift pictures that I have on my Adobe Creative Cloud storage space into Lightroom CC ?

You have to import them. You can do this in Lightroom CC (i.e. NOT Classic) on your desktop but you should also be able to do this on the iPad if you have the Creative Cloud app installed on your iPad. It should show up as a place to import from in the Files option in the import screen in the Lightroom app. Note that after this, you will have these images double in your creative cloud account. Once in Lightroom and once in the file storage.

- Is it at all possible to manage Lightroom CC pictures as you would on Classic CC? By that I mean, the possibility to create multiple collections/albums from the same stored pictures? It seems that they have a classical folder structure meaning that the pictures are physically located in each folder and you cannot mirror them around in several collections/albums, which if it is so I find very limiting.

The way this works is that on your iPad in grid view, hit the ellipsis (...) and tap select. Select the images you want in a different album and then tap the "add to" button. Then select the album you want the images added to. This is functionally the same as in Classic they just use different words for it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Local files to Lightroom CC import

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently bought an iPad Pro tablet to use mostly for on-the-go image editing. This will be my only set up and I do not have a desktop or laptop device with which I use Lightroom Classic CC.

I intend to pay for the 1To Adobe Creative Cloud storage space, but before that I have three questions that have been very frustrating so far:

- How can I add RAW file pictures (Fuji Raw) from my Camera (or those that I already have stored, for example in my local drive or in Google Drive) directly on to my Lightroom CC pictures? So far, I have only been able to do this by adding them before to Lightroom Classic CC, and then from there shift them to the sync'ed Lightroom CC folder. This will not be an option considering I am now fully switching to a mobile iPad pro set up.

Please let me know if I can further detail any of the questions! And thanks in advance for your support.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jao vdL | Adobe Community Professional

How can I add RAW file pictures (Fuji Raw) from my Camera (or those that I already have stored, for example in my local drive or in Google Drive) directly on to my Lightroom CC pictures?

You need to get a card reader (or USB connector to your camera) that works with your iPad pro. You import the raw files to the photo roll and then inside Lightroom CC on the iPad, you import them from the photo roll. You can then delete the images from the photoroll. Due to Apple's restrictions on what apps can access these card readers you can't directly import into Lightroom on the iPad. This has been the case since the very first mobile Lightroom: see here: Jao's photo blog: A mobile workflow with Lightroom? 

You can also import into Lightroom CC on your desktop machine. No need to have Classic in between.

You have to import them. You can do this in Lightroom CC (i.e. NOT Classic) on your desktop but you should also be able to do this on the iPad if you have the Creative Cloud app installed on your iPad. It should show up as a place to import from in the Files option in the import screen in the Lightroom app. Note that after this, you will have these images double in your creative cloud account. Once in Lightroom and once in the file storage.

The way this works is that on your iPad in grid view, hit the ellipsis (...) and tap select. Select the images you want in a different album and then tap the "add to" button. Then select the album you want the images added to. This is functionally the same as in Classic they just use different words for it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2019 1