Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local Storage FUll

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i am using Lightroom and don't wanna switch to lightroom classic. But my Problem is that Lightroom says that may 128gb ssd is full, but i can't change the localstorage to my 2t HDD even when lightroom is installed on this HDD it dosen't allow me to change it. what can I do now????????????

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try redcuing the photo cache to a really low percentage and restart the app.

Can you screengrab the Local Storage panel in the Preferences, this may help a member of the community suggest a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this is not a solution. Not even a good workaround. Reducing cache results in much worse performance of LR. I want to use that bloody cache but I cannot change stupid folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom (Cloud) has to keep it's Library on the local HD, this cannot be changed. It contains the Catalog and Previews etc.

It also contains the Orginals folder, which are deleted due to certain criteria. If syncing has completed, you can delete the photos in this folder manually to help create more space. Then try to reassign the drive.

The local library will always contain a quite a bit of data though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines