Highlighted

Local Storage

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused about some things.  I cannot even open the LRCC app on my Mac anymore.  It says I need to open 20MB space on my Mac.  I don't understand how my Mac is out of space!  Is the LRCC app taking up that much space  I want my images in the cloud that I pay for monthly...not on my Mac.  I only have 755 photos.Why do I keep getting the "disc space low" notification?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Local Storage

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused about some things.  I cannot even open the LRCC app on my Mac anymore.  It says I need to open 20MB space on my Mac.  I don't understand how my Mac is out of space!  Is the LRCC app taking up that much space  I want my images in the cloud that I pay for monthly...not on my Mac.  I only have 755 photos.Why do I keep getting the "disc space low" notification?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LRCC desktop app requires a certain amount of disk space on your system for the "local library", which contains a catalog and locally stored preview caches. There is some measure of control over the amount of space needed (see the Preferences>Local Storage tab), but you cannot avoid the requirement completely. How big is the system drive and how much free space does it currently have, and do you have more than the one drive attached to the system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2019 1
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your apple menu, select "About this Mac" and then look at the storage tab. What do you see? Apple ships many machines with way too small internal hard disk and makes it very easy to completely fill them up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2019 0
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete your photos from the local drive after the import and sync finished with Lr CC. The photos are now in the cloud, and not needed on your computer. They don’t automatically get removed. Maybe they are still there. If they are, I recommend backing them up someplace before you delete them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0