• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.lock file

Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last upgrade, if I close Lighroom and then attempt to reopen, I get the error message that my catalog file is in use . The removal of the .lock file resolves the issue, but why should I have to do that in the first place?

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is happening repeatedly then it would seem to me that there might be a problem with permissions settings on the folder containing your catalog. That folder needs to have both read and write permissions. If everything is running properly that lock file should always be deleted automatically if Lightroom shuts down normally. Another thing to consider would be to reset Preferences in Lightroom itself.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .lock file resides in the folder Lightroom Catalog-2-2.lrcat. I have changed the attributes from Read-only.

See Screen Shot 1 and 2.

Screen Shot 1.jpgScreen Shot 2.jpg

The process completes but when finished...a recheck still shows the files as read only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The screenshots that you are showing are in your backup folder. Why? Where is your working folder? What version of Lightroom are you working with? You mentioned the "last upgrade". If you are using LrC 10 the catalog should have a 10 appended to the end of its name. The date on the catalog file is clear back in February. It seems to me that you aren't showing your current working catalog in these screenshots. Or, maybe I'm not understanding what you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines