Highlighted

Lost all images after Lightroom update - macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Mac from Mojave to Catalina, and Lightroom would no longer work on the new operating system.  I signed on to Adobe creative cloud to simply update Lightroom, but it seems like it is starting me from scratch as a new user.  There are no photos in my catalogue!!!  Is all my work gone?!?!?!  Help!!  Thank you in advance.  

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost all images after Lightroom update - macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Mac from Mojave to Catalina, and Lightroom would no longer work on the new operating system.  I signed on to Adobe creative cloud to simply update Lightroom, but it seems like it is starting me from scratch as a new user.  There are no photos in my catalogue!!!  Is all my work gone?!?!?!  Help!!  Thank you in advance.  

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Sorry to hear about the lost images, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom installed on the computer? You can verify the version by going to Help > System Info

Also, if you're using Lightroom Classic, try checking the pictures folder the computer you'll find a Lightroom folder there and in that folder you may find a .lrcat file, try open that file and let us know if that's the catalog you're looking for.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? How did you sign in to your Creative Cloud account? Are you 100% certain that you signed in with the same login information that you used previously?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you downloaded and installed Lightroom. You need Lightroom Classic however.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0