Highlighted

Lost photos

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!

I removed all my photos from my computer and put them onto a USB key. (for safe keeping of course)
My laptop fell off the couch, onto the floor.. bending and breaking the USB. Ive sent the USB for repair but the chip is cracked in too many places to be repaired.

the photos on lightroom now say file could not be found. It's weird because some of the photos are still available in lightroom but some are missing.

Is there any way to find my lost files on my computer?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost photos

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!

I removed all my photos from my computer and put them onto a USB key. (for safe keeping of course)
My laptop fell off the couch, onto the floor.. bending and breaking the USB. Ive sent the USB for repair but the chip is cracked in too many places to be repaired.

the photos on lightroom now say file could not be found. It's weird because some of the photos are still available in lightroom but some are missing.

Is there any way to find my lost files on my computer?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brandif,

Sorry to hear about the file loss. Could you please take a look at this article Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders  and let us know if that helps locating the missing files?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete them off your computer? LR might be showing you the previews. If you can't find the files on your hard drive, they aren't there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines