• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr android uses 90% of phone storage. Why?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom android v6.1.0. Why does Lr take up 90% of my phone storage? "Device info & storage" reports 21.4 of 22.8 GB used. "Manage storage" is empty.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom mobile v 6.1.0 on your Android device is taking most of the phone's storage.

How many images do you have in your Lightroom Library? Have you tried clearing the app cache from the Lightroom> Device Info & Storage menu? 

Also, do you have the preference to "Auto add images" enabled in the Lightroom app? (Check under Preferences> Uncheck "Enable Auto Add)

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have 25K photos in the Library (Lr CC). Clearing cache makes no difference.

I want auto on because I want my phone photos to sync. It took a week for me to get the settings right to auto sync, but now I run out of storage.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not clear to me if your device storage is full or the cloud storage. Which plan do you have? How much cloud space is available? Had Lr stopped syncing images to the cloud because of space issues? Did you use your Android device to import all 25K images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a paid version of Lightroom or a free one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to Lr CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines