• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR automatically "selects all" while typing in Search

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one with this annoyance, because I can't find anybody else on Google.

I'm in Library, I hit Command-F (on Mac) to do a text search, I have a several 4-digit numbers to type in. For some reason a few seconds after I start typing, all the text is selected. So if I don't notice and hit the arrow key to unselect, it deletes what I typed before! This has irritated me for years! Why does it do this? I often have a series of 4 digit numbers to type in to pull up photos somebody has ordered, and I have to either type fast enough so it doesn't happen, or stop and wait for it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't happen to me, so this is probably something running on your Mac that causes this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so following on Johan's lead, I googled it for mac without mentioning Lightroom, and found a reference to Mac Preferences/Keyboard/Text, where you can add auto-replace shortcuts. The only one in there was `omw` which it would replace with `on my way.` Must have been a default, because I didn't add it myself - and I don't see how that should cause problems when typing a 4-digit numbers, but I removed it. And right now, it looks like that may have solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: The problem still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines