• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR catalogue doesn't open

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I closed lightroom, got the question if I wanted to quit, I said yes. Today I'm trying to open LR and only get a message that the catalogue I'm trying to open is already open in an other session, that I shoul close that session. But I didn´t open it anywhere else. If I try to open the older version, I get the message that there is a an updated version of my catalogue, that I should open that. If I try it, I again get the first message and there is no way that LR will open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling it then installing it and then opening it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you mean unistalling the whole LR? I just installed the actualization

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would seem that there is a lock file that didn't get deleted in the folder where your catalog is located. Using your system file browser, open the folder that contains your catalog and look for a folder with the lock extension. If that file exists then delete it, and then Lightroom should function normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines