• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC Saved Presets- How to load in LR Classic ?

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm enjoying the lightroom learn and discover sections in lightroom CC and have been saving presets from the likes of Chris Orwig, Luisa Dorr etc.
I'm wondering how I would use these presets when I move back to LR Classic on my desktop as they dont seems to sync automatically.

Can you sync presets made in LR CC to LR Classic as there is no xmp file I know of?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK: (and sort of guessing at the workflow)

If you only have ever run Lightroom-Desktop (Cloud Version v3.2.1) on your computer then-

The user develop presets would be located in :

In Windows:  C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Develop Presets\User Presets

On a Mac: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]

(Default develop presets are not user accessible however.)

Lightroom-Classic would store Presets here-

Windows—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Camera Raw \ Settings

Mac—Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Settings

I suggest that you would copy the Presets from the Lr-Desktop (Cloud) folders to the Lr-Classic folder location.

Or use the Lr-Classic Preset 'Import' function [+] to import them to Classic from their Lr-Desktop locations.

Report how you get on.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom cloud no longer stores the presets locally, it only stores them in the cloud. You can export presets however. Right-click on a preset name and choose 'Export'. That will export the preset as .xmp file, which you can then import in Lightroom Classic using 'Import preset'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines