• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC trying to sync an empty app

Participant ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I noticed the LR CC app on my iMac was signaling that it was syncing a single photo. This went on for a long time. While syncing, I looked at the LR CC app on both ipad and iphone. Both IOS devices indicated no syncing was happening. I consulted the HELP from Adobe and after following all their suggestions to fix the problem, nothing changed. I had been working on editing a pic from a folder (approx 60% of 20GB used). I deleted the picture and ended up deleting the WHOLE 12 GB of pics I had uploaded. I uninstalled the app, removed all pref, & ran CCleaner on iMac, restarted and reinstalled the LR CC. While this was happening, I did the same reinstall on IOS devices. Upon re-logging on to my Adobe account, my IOS devices show there are no pics and no syncing going on. But on my desktop app, I still see that it is trying to sync a single photo, even though not a single photo has been uploaded. Any idea what is going on? All my devices are up to date with their operating systems as are all my Adobe products up to date. When I look at the cloud window indicating syncing is happening, I see that 642 MB of the avail 20 GB is being used.  Could that have something to do with the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging-in directly to the cloud. That may indicate what is going on. If necessary you can delete the photo from a browser window.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99Jon,

Following your suggestion, the web site tells me my Lightroom Library is Empty and the cloud icon tells me there is No Web Syncing Activity.  Yet, when I open the LR app on my iMac, I see the blue circle on the cloud icon with the message that 1 photo is syncing.  This is one of the most baffling incidents in computing I've ever encountered.

One of the things I did look into was whether I had a photo that was intended to be uploaded from my spare laptop.  I went to my account/manage plans/activated accounts.  I noticed 3 were there: my iMac on MAC, my iMac on OSX & my MacBookPro on OSX.  I deactivated all except my iMac on MAC, but nothing changed concerning the single photo trying to sync.  I decided to look at my laptop, after deactivating it, and I opened LR CC from it.  I was forced to sign on to my Adobe acct and then the app loaded.  It signaled me that I should update it as the version was 1.4   The version on my iMac is 2.1.1  Interesting thing is that there is NO photo trying to sync when viewed on my laptop.  More confusion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Only other thought is to go to All Photos in the desktop app and click the filter icon to the right of the search box and choose sync status. Not sure if this will make any difference but you can search on a number of options.

P.S. on the laptop you can launch creative cloud and go to the apps tab. Click the pull-down menu next to your avatar and you should be able to check for updates. This usually refreshes all the available apps and hopefully it should show something later than v 1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon,

FYI - received a suggestion from another forum and it solved my problem:

"In the web interface ( Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom  ), click the LR icon top left, go to Account Info > Delete Lightroom Library. That'll clear out the cloud and any LR CC apps."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you could clear it via the web browser. Thanks for letting us know. That was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines