Highlighted

LR Classic can't read HEIC files

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest upgrade, LR Classic is unable to read HEIC files and gives me the message "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to this photo." LR is still able to read and edit them. What's up?

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic can't read HEIC files

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest upgrade, LR Classic is unable to read HEIC files and gives me the message "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to this photo." LR is still able to read and edit them. What's up?

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I found a suggestion in a related thread that solved the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this problem keeps happening. After a while I'm unable to import HEIC files until I reboot. Where's the permanent fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0