• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

? LR fails to read RW2 files

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither LR or Photoshop CC will read the raw files from my new Lumix DC G9 which are labeled RW2 .  Photoshop will read jpeg.  Both my programs tell me they are up to date.  I am running on Win 10 on HP Envy, Intel core I5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

It looks as though your operating system is 32-bit only, and unfortunately both LR6 and LR Classic (version 7) will only run on 64-bit systems. As a result, the Creative Cloud app will only download and install the latest version of LR (version 5 in this case) which is supported on 32-bit Windows. Unfortunately, you need version 6.6 as a minimum to get raw support for that camera.

So your choices are:

1. Download the free Adobe DNG Converter, which you can use to convert your raw files to the DNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the site below for the latest update to Lightroom Classic CC, the Lumix DC G9 was supported in the very latest update. You may also need  to update your Camera Raw Plugin for Photoshop CC version 10.1

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

See the screen capture. Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 5.13.06 PM.png

If you are using the new Lightroom CC (cloud based) application you will need version 1.1

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera is a Lumiix DMC GX85 whcih is not in the table above. I have literally today subscribed to LightRoom so assume it is the latest version, and it says it doenst support my .RW2 pictures.

How can I get them into LR - I am a total newbie at this.

Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera has been supported since CC 2015.6/6.6. If you subscribed today and installed today you should have a version of Lightroom that should support the raw files from your camera. What is the exact version of Lightroom installed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I subscribed today and it gave me this and I downloaded the Light room. I followed a tutorial on how to import my photos and it has imported everything except when I started to shoot in RAW. It says the RW2 are not supported.

30-06-2018 1-01-32 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under System Info it says

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 [994254]

License type: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 7 Business Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x86

System architecture: x86

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.5 GHz

Built-in memory: 3240.8 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 716.8 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 209.6 MB (29.2%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 305.4 MB

Memory cache size: 63.9 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 2

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1366x768

When I try to import a RW2 file it says:30-06-2018 1-37-03 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as though your operating system is 32-bit only, and unfortunately both LR6 and LR Classic (version 7) will only run on 64-bit systems. As a result, the Creative Cloud app will only download and install the latest version of LR (version 5 in this case) which is supported on 32-bit Windows. Unfortunately, you need version 6.6 as a minimum to get raw support for that camera.

So your choices are:

1. Download the free Adobe DNG Converter, which you can use to convert your raw files to the DNG format (still raw, but packaged differently), which you can then import into LR5.

2. Upgrade your Operating System to 64-bit (assuming your hardware supports that), after which you can install the latest version of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jim Wilde, I too have a Lumix (GX85). i am running LR classic 9.2 on an iMac that runs 64 bit (as far as i can tell), the Mac is new. i took a few test shots and then tried to import them into LR with the same effects that have been described here. other than the Adobe DNG converter are there any other more recent solutions? the thread above is from early 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Mac is new"- Catalina OS?

Your camera is supported in L-CLassic v9.2. You do not need the DNG converter.

More likely is a Permissions problem. See this forum link-

CATALINA PERMISSIONS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines