• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile DNG Presets NOT saving Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I've spent 8 hours on this so far. 

I import DNG presets that contain profiles in them.

I click each, select "make presets" and make sure every box is chcked.

I then apply the preset to an unedited photo. 

Every setting is saved EXCEPT the profile! That is not saved in the preset and doesn't show up.

This happens regardless of whether the DNG was made with an edited jpg or an edited raw.

It also happens regardless of what kind of image I try to apply the preset to (raw, heic, jpg etc)

Interestingly, if I "copy" the settings from the dng, then paste them onto an unedited photo, the profile is magically pasted over and everything works as it should.

Pulling my hair out. Adobe support hasn't been able to provide answers so far!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting some help, but not fully conversent with the method!

I watched your video, but I did not see you create a Preset (directly) from the 'Preset DNG' image. You seemed to create it from another image after using 'copied' edit settings. Have you used the supplied DNG to create the Preset?

And, were you also provided with the (Creative) Profile that is shown as part of the Preset?

Without the 'Profile', how could you expect a Preset to 'apply' it?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wobert! The video I copied the settings from the original DNG onto a different photo and then created the preset as that is what the Adobe Support Rep I talked to told me to do. Rest assured I have tried creating the preset from the original DNG with the same results.

"were you also provided with the (Creative) Profile that is shown as part of the Preset?"

Not sure what you mean by this... The profile is embedded inside of the DNG, and the profile copy pastes over to other photos just fine. It's only when trying to create a preset that the profile doesn't transfer over for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My technical knowledge is not yet well 'versed' with "DNG Presets" so I cannot be of much more help. My primary use is with Lr-Classic. And I have not yet found a web link that gives a detailed article or tutorial that mentions Profiles in "DNG Presets".

I did find this statement in the link below-

Note: A bug on older iOS devices and DNG presets may cause the profiles to disappear. There is no fix for this asides from using a newer device or using XMP presets (Creative Cloud subscription required).

https://www.lightroomtutorials.com/how-to-install-dng-mobile-presets-no-cc-subscription-needed/

Good luck in finding an answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm thanks Wobert, that's very interesting - I am on an iphone X so I wonder if that would count as an "older device" or not. I suppose I'll try borrowing someone elses phone and see if their app behaves differently. Thanks for the idea!

If anyone else out there has solutions or ideas please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update* I have tried this process on an iphone X, ipad & iphone 12 - All had the exact same issue. I have also exported tif files, embedded preset in jpg files, and done every format option of DNG export available.

The issue appears to be a LR Mobile bug - Presets will NOT save the profile to them, unless you already have the profile installed via LR CC sync with mobile. In which case the profile will then carry over. 

Adobe PLEASE provide some help for this! I would be eternally grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update* I have tried this process on an iphone X, ipad & iphone 12 - All had the exact same issue. I have also exported tif files, embedded preset in jpg files, and done every format option of DNG export available.

The issue appears to be a LR Mobile bug - Presets will NOT save the profile to them, unless you already have the profile installed via LR CC sync with mobile. In which case the profile will then carry over. 

I have also done live chat with 2 different adobe associates so far... Unfortunately neither of them had any solutions

Adobe PLEASE provide some help for this! I would be eternally grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 days later... zero solutions. Adobe support has said they would call on two separate occasions and hasn't called yet... Really hoping someone has something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE * Still nothing... Adobe has promised to call 3 separate times.. They never have. Support has had me test EVERYTHING in the DNG creation and export process - At this point it is very clear this is a bug inside the Lightroom Mobile App... If anyone has any other insights PLEASE let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find info in this link (from the Lightroom Queen tutorials)

SYNC PROFILES & PRESETS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wobert - Sadly this doesn't address the issue at all. It only gives a workaround for users who have both the LR Mobile App AND LR CC Desktop.

The whole point of using DNG files to save presets and profiles is so that you can do so WITHOUT needing a computer and a subscription to LR CC Desktop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

This thread is really old so I'm not sure that you will see it.. but I am currently having this exact same issue and have spent all week trying literally everything to fix it. Did you ever get a fix for it?? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and the same complaint. I have Lightroom Mobile but not for desktop. When I copy and paste a preset that includes a User Profile from A.dng to B.dng, all of the settings EXCEPT the User Profile are successfully pasted to B.dng. The User Profile most certainly IS checked as something to include in the preset.

Could an Adobe expert please reply with a solution to this problem? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Up. Same issue. This is really annoying if you want to share a preset/profile with your client...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines