• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR mobile export to camera roll with watermark

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the upgrade to lightroom mobile the ability to save pictures ro camera roll with a watermark has disappeared, noe I have to save the image in lightroom to get a watermark this give me two version of the photo this is very cumbersome and a waste of space.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

"I think when sharing to camera roll the export is instant with no options to change settings."

John, do you not see the settings icon as per this screenshot:

Screenshot_24_12_2019__14_24.png

If you do see it, try tapping on it and you should see the same advanced export options as when using Export as, including the ability to enable watermarking....

I am also using an iPhone8+ and I can export to Camera Roll with a watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that option hasn't disappeared. Make sure that the Watermark has been set in the main Lightroom Settings dialog, then from the image "Share" dialog, tap on the settings icon to the right of the "Export to Camera Roll" option, which will show the Export Settings dialog. If you tap on "More Options" you'll see the next screen includes the option to "Include Watermark".....make sure this is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't take a watermark to camera roll.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work if everything has been setup correctly. I've just confirmed that again on both an iPhone and an iPad.

So, firstly can you tell me the Lightroom version number listed when you tap on "About Lightroom" in the Lightroom Settings. It should be 5.1, but please check and confirm.

Then, can you confirm that you have setup your Watermark in the Lightroom Settings>Watermarking, and then confirm that you have definitely enabled the Watermarking option in the Export Settings dialog for the "Export to Camera Roll" function. Perhaps post screenshots of both dialogs so we can see if that offers any clues.

Also make sure that the Watermark is sufficiently large to be easily visible on the exported file, and that there is sufficient contrast between the watermark and the colour of the image beneath where the watermark is supposed to be placed (perhaps as a test, make the watermark the full width of the image so that it should be obvious).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's 5.1, it all worked just fine before the upgrade 097EE4B5-5E59-4F5F-9D76-FFF4D421CF85.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot, but go into the main Lightroom Settings>Watermarking screen and make a small change to the existing watermark (you can change it back again later), then try exporting with the new watermark. If that works, change the watermark back to original and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive spoken to adobe tech support and exporting to camera roll with a watermark is not supported in lightroom mobile 5.1

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, what you've been told is nonsense, unless they said it doesn't work for specific models/operating systems. Did they say that? As I've already said, I can Export to Camera Roll with watermark on both my iPhone8+ and an iPad Mini.

Did you try that long-shot that I suggested? And earlier I asked for a screenshot of your Watermark Settings screen from the main Lightroom Settings menu, just in case there's a setting issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same problem on my iPhone 8+. I think when sharing to camera roll the export is instant with no options to change settings.  The watermark settings are not global and apply to each file type e.g. jpeg, tiff, original. The best way to get a watermarked image into camera roll is to use these steps:

-Select your image

-Tap Export as....

-Choose file type e.g. jpeg

-Tap more options and ensure watermarking is enabled

-Tap top left to go back

-Set dimensions and quality

-Tap the check-mark top right

-Tap the save image button (secondary row of gray icons)

-Go to the Photos app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The save image saves it in lightroom then you have to export to camera roll.
Why they decided to drop the easy export to camera roll is beyond me, it was so easy to use when with a client I could send them proof see if they liked it then edit at my leisure when I got home.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I think when sharing to camera roll the export is instant with no options to change settings."

John, do you not see the settings icon as per this screenshot:

Screenshot_24_12_2019__14_24.png

If you do see it, try tapping on it and you should see the same advanced export options as when using Export as, including the ability to enable watermarking....

I am also using an iPhone8+ and I can export to Camera Roll with a watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. That's it. Like file type the settings are not global.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to Camera Roll and Export to Files are effectively presets which can be individually configured separately from the "Export As..." option, and whose individual settings will remain "sticky" until re-adjusted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That screen shot gives me the answer and it now works,  Adobe support are bloody useless.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines