Highlighted

LR Mobile on iphone didn't work/sync properly

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't sync my iphone to the cloud though it said it was.  Support chat told me to log out and then back in...I LOST EVERY PHOTO I TOOK in the app.

It did not sync to the cloud or the LRCC program on my pc.....Is there anyone who knows if these 300 plus images might be anywhere else???? 

PLEASE HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Mobile on iphone didn't work/sync properly

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't sync my iphone to the cloud though it said it was.  Support chat told me to log out and then back in...I LOST EVERY PHOTO I TOOK in the app.

It did not sync to the cloud or the LRCC program on my pc.....Is there anyone who knows if these 300 plus images might be anywhere else???? 

PLEASE HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logging out and in should not make you lose unsynced photos. They should still be in Lightroom on the iPhone. Or did you uninstall, then reinstall? That will definitely make you lose them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did not uninstall.......I only signed out and then back in......the photos do not appear anywhere I can find

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2019 0
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selondon, thanks for your help.  Unfortunately I never got any message.  My last shot I feel is to delete and reinstall the app hoping somehow this will open a hidden file and restore the photos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 0
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

intimbuktu  wrote

Selondon, thanks for your help.  Unfortunately I never got any message.  My last shot I feel is to delete and reinstall the app hoping somehow this will open a hidden file and restore the photos.

No, that will definitely delete any photos that are not yet synced.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for your help Selondon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 0
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain that you logged back into the same account? Have you ever logged into Lightroom on the web at lightroom.adobe.com to see which images may have actually synced? How do you know for sure that your phone never synced with the cloud?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks Theresa for replying.  I only have one adobe account for everything.  Therefor I am sure its my account.I have looked online everywhere for the photos.  I have looked at itunes more than once and nothing is there, and I never installed the mobile lightroom on my desktop, and I tried to sync mobile devices from LR Classic and nothing is there.  I fear my only hope is they are hiding in some deep file on my iphone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 0
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITunes is owned by Apple, not Adobe. It has nothing to do with the images in Lightroom. How do you know for sure your images haven’t synced? Where did you look? Have you logged into lightroom.adobe.com?

What does it say when you tap on the cloud icon in Lightroom on your phone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 0
Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi intimbuktu

As Johan say, do not delete the app, as this will delete any images within the app that may not have synced.

As per the link above, if you have iTunes on your computer (and use a wired connection so iTunes can see your phone) then you may be able to drill into the app to see any images that may be there, I haven’t tried it myself, but it’s often suggested by the support team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To everyone who has been so gracious of your time to try to help me.  I AM AN IDIOT!!!  Over the weekend I fooled around and discovered that in fact I did create a totally different login/password than my current adobe account.  When I entered it and created a new password I discovered all the missing photos magically appeared. 

Now my issue is to figure out if there is a way other than moving each DNG image seperately to my camera roll so I can remove them from my phone. 

I apologize for wasting your time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2019 0
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great news. Don’t feel like an idiot though. I have seen a number of people here on the forums with the same question because they made the same mistake. It’s easy to do.

Your photos should have all uploaded to the cloud. That’s why I keep asking you to check lightroom.adobe.com to see if your images are there. If you find them there, you don’t have to remove them from your phone. They are now in the cloud, not on your device. Another thing you can do is check under the cloud icon in the Lightroom app on your phone. This screen capture is from my iPad, but it works the same on the phone. Tap on the cloud and see what it says. You can see in my screen capture that this image is in the cloud. A smart preview resides on the device for editing and viewing.

E193D969-05D8-448F-8CC5-21B98274A4B8.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Theresa, so my problems continue.  I moved each image, one by one, original dng to my iphone camera roll, in maximum size.  Unfortunately, when I downloaded my camera roll to my pc, all the apple files say JPEG, not DNG....trying to figure out why.....

I can not put them into the cloud as they would never sync with my subscription as its a completely different login.....

So many problems.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2019 0
Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying that the login you used is not a paid subscription and that is why they can’t upload to the cloud?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, free accounts actually don't upload.  My subscription account would but this isn't it.  I also learned of my mistake in moving the dngs to my camera roll.  I didn't see at the bottom of the list when I hit transfer, the choice is to export original.  When I do that, they do show up as dng in my camera roll and when I transfer them onto my pc.   Finally, problem solved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2019 0