Highlighted

LR or CR profile correction and/or crop tool seem to cause a grid artifact in PS using channels

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a grid artifact when using channels to create selections/masks in PS. My process is to duplicate a channel and then adjust it with levels.

These seem to be a result of applying either or both the lens profile correction and a crop in LR or CR.

Spot checking a few images, this happens to images that have been imported since upgrading adobe products recently (I am always behind...). For example if I edit a Milky Way photo from 2018 with the same camera and lens set up, same versions of LR and PS, there is no grid artifact.

Other things to note:

Applying a lens correction in PS does not lead to the grid artifact.

I checked this on images from different bodies and lenses, even different brands. 

gridartifact.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR or CR profile correction and/or crop tool seem to cause a grid artifact in PS using channels

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a grid artifact when using channels to create selections/masks in PS. My process is to duplicate a channel and then adjust it with levels.

These seem to be a result of applying either or both the lens profile correction and a crop in LR or CR.

Spot checking a few images, this happens to images that have been imported since upgrading adobe products recently (I am always behind...). For example if I edit a Milky Way photo from 2018 with the same camera and lens set up, same versions of LR and PS, there is no grid artifact.

Other things to note:

Applying a lens correction in PS does not lead to the grid artifact.

I checked this on images from different bodies and lenses, even different brands. 

gridartifact.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0

Have something to add?