• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR showing some subfolders, not others, even though it created them all.

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finish processing a folder of pics in LR, I always export to a subfolder. At present a lot of my newly created folders are showing, and a lot are not. I can open another program and see them, they're there, and I created them in LR. If the file is xyz, the export subfolder is xyz LR. It came from LR. But LR isn't showing lots of them.

I've had the experience, not just in LR, of programs not redrawing file structure while open, but even closing and opening does not make LR show these subfolders.

How can this happen, and how can I make LR show all the folders it has created?

That's my question, but in case there's a connection, at the risk of mixing questions, some of the folders (not subfolders) have a lot of missing pics. Of course those can't be exported, and won't be in the subfolder, if it even shows up. But what I'm working with now is scanned slides imported in batches all at one time from folders previously copied to my hard disc from storage media. Whole folders copied to disc, imported, processed, exported. I cannot imagine how all the photos were not treated exactly the same way. Yet Sometimes the export doesn't show up in Library and sometimes some of the pics go missing. It seems I'm going to have to go back to the storage media and find them (ugh- lots of discs) and re-import them. It's mysterious.

(About my subfolder process, it's akward and wastes space, I know. But really, I know no other way to function in LR. I know (now!) that if the file is on the hard disc I can just "add," it to LR but I always need to have access to the processed pic outside of LR - just don't/can't "do" LR to that extent, too difficult, and for browsing (finding), printing, viewing, I can't get comfortable in LR, though I've spent a lot of time there over the years.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom. If you can confirm that, we can move your post to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teresa, I just followed the link in your email to your message here and there was no option to reply. I went to the other thread where I just answered your first question and described other issues, not knowing you were just on about forum. Sorry.

I started answering there, went to Support Home" to confirm something, and I cannot get back to my answer. I found this (where I am now) while looking and low and behold, there's now a reply option. Needless to say, I have a lot  of trouble navigating this site.

To your question - Lightroom  Classic is Lightroom, so .  .  . Plus, I've used both versions and both are involved in my issues. But I'm trying to use just LR Classic, and that is probably the answer you want.

The only way I know to post is to go to "Support Home," select Lightroom (!!), and scroll to the bottom and use "ask forum" or whatever it says. I'm not going back there now to check because last time I lost my work. But last time I did see the choice "Lightroom" or "Classic" in amongst a mess of other distraction. I suppose that's Adobe's effort to distinguish between two horribly similar names but as I already entered that page by selecting "LR" and in fact both ARE Lightroom the distinction is fraught at best. I find it highly contrary.

I don't mind which forum I'm in. I just want to know why folders that I created in LR wouldn't show up in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry you are struggling with the forum, and Lightroom. Both are more confusing then they should be. I just answered your other post and provided links for you to check out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines