• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Tutorial / Make Selective Edits / Use the Brush tool to change part of a photo - no eraser tool

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject line pretty much says it all. How do I access the Eraser tool when using the Brush tool?

Thank you.

20200501_LR_support_request_a.jpg20200501_LR_support_request_b.jpg.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the [ALT] key on the keyboard and the Brush will show a (-) in the brush circle to erase, but only when you have applied a Brush stroke! So apply some brushing, when you then have access to the erase function.

Simply selecting the brush Tool does not show either of the + or - brushes, as without a 'brushed' area there is nothing to erase.

(The 'Erase' function erases the Brush stroke- not the image.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Pressing the ALT key didn't affect anthing on either of my machines (HP desktop & HP laptop, both Windows 10). However, the eraser has mysteriously appeared on both machines after using the brush tool, even though it most certainly was not visible after using the brush tool before, which prompted my support request. In any case, thank you again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Eraser is only visible when there is something to erase. In other words, it only becomes available when you have actually brushed something (or have selected a previously brushed area by clicking on the pin), not when you've only just clicked on the Adjustment brush to activate it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the lower of the two images above, the dark area just to the right of the rooster's face is the area I brushed before opening this request. There is no eraser in the area circled. The eraser tool, in my experience so far, is a hit-or-miss proposition. Thank you again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to have brushed something, and that brush has to be active for the eraser tool to appear. Simply returning to the brush tool does not activate previous brush edits. You have to click on the dot on the image to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines