Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR v6.14 question

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had an issue with LR "losing" folders of

images that I have imported from my master photo files on my computer. I back-up my LR every time I close it but I am missing all my folders from 2021. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you find those folders using Finder or Windows Explorer? Do you have more than one catalog? Is it possible that you have opened a different catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the folder. The Lightroom Folder contains:
Backups (folder)
LightRoom Catalog previews.lrdata (folder)

Also contains an icon that looks like a paper with a folded corner that
says labeled
Lightroom Catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ive had an issue with LR "losing" folders of images that I have imported from my master photo files on my computer.

"losing" how? Are they shown in the Lightroom Folder panel with a [?] on the folder icon?

Are the thumbnails of photos visible, but showing a [!] on the thumbnail border?

Are they NOT appearing in the Catalog at all?

"imported from my master photo files.." How exactly?

I back-up my LR every time I close it but I am missing all my folders from 2021. Any ideas?

Backup only creates a copy of the Catalog database. It does NOT backup or 'Save' your photo files.

Where did you ask Lightroom to store the files when you did the Import? Or did you [Add] them from their folder location on the hard-drive? 

Have you Deleted, Moved, or Renamed folders and files on the Hard-drive using a File Browser?

I found the folder. The Lightroom Folder contains: Backups (folder)- That is backups of Catalogs only! (NOT photos)
LightRoom Catalog previews.lrdata (folder)- That is the thumbnail previews cache.
Lightroom Catalog.LRCAT -  That is the Catalog database file.

None of this tells us (or you) 'where' your camera files are stored.!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines