• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 to Lightroom CC, migration and workflow questions.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, apologies in advance for the long and rambling set of questions.

I was very happy with my workflow - import RAW to DNG on my MacBook Pro with LR6, do any culling and edits and then export my favourites to Apple Photos in JPG to share with my family IOS devices.

But,  to "disrupt" all of this, my amazing wife bought me an iPad Pro, with pencil.  I want to use this as my primary device now as I have signed up for the the 1TB photography and Mobile CC package.

However, I'm still drawn to my LR6 package as I use an external monitor, which even though the ipad supports LR CC doesn't (aarrgghh).

So my questions are:

When I jump ship and JUST use the CC version how do I get all my old photos into CC AND keep my master copies (stored on my MBP HD) updated with any edits from CC (either on the iPad or my MBP)?

If I import onto the iPad and make edits  can I get a full copy of the photo on my MBP to save in my photo structure (to backup externally)?  Can this be done automatically perhaps?

I realise that I can't convert to DNG on inport into CC, is it possible via an App on my iPad using a file structure and multiple processes (can't believe this is missing in CC)?

I now have phots in many varied places (please see attached) but really want them in an identifiable structure in one place, with the knowledge that they're synced in the Cloud - is that possible?

Confusion!Confusion!

Any and all help will be appreciated.  I know that I'm making life more difficult for myself by keeping LR6 active but perhaps it can be easier than I'm making it 🙂

ps - asking in this forum as it covers my primary system of LR6.0, will also ask in the Lightroom Mobile forum as advised below.

Thanks, Phil.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to jump ship to Lightroom cloud, then you must migrate your Lightroom 6 catalog and then stop using Lightroom 6. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines