• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC v10 issue-Library shows heavy grain on photos after editing

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A strange bug appeared today, I edited photos, using some a common preset, which contains a light grain. (I always use grain, love it) After a while, I discovered, that if I step to the next photo, LR shows a heavy grain first, and it shows the correct amount of grain later (or no grain, if it's not on the photo). It slows down the whole process, annoying. When I was ready, I stepped into Slideshow module, where I made a slideshow from the final images, but I was suprised, that there was a much heavier grain on all photos, than I finally edited. Weirdly, on bw photos more, stronger grain showed up, than on the color ones. 
I quit the slideshow, went into Library, and wow, the same thing! So if I am in Library, I see really heavy grain on bw graded photos, and also more grain on the color gradeded photos, than I edited, step into Develop, the heavy grain disappears (after a few sec), and correct amount to be displayed.

And this bug came only after I upgraded to v10.

I tried this on two computers, same v10 LrC, same photos, same settings of course. MacOS Mojave.
(2015 15" macbook and an i9 9900k-32gb ram-rx580 hackintosh, GPU accelerating ON/OFF, same, high quality previews)

Really annoying bug, hope some update will solve it soon, because I cannot go back to v9.4, since the catalog isn't compatible backwards.... damn...  

Any advice?

Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using Smart Previews. Without Smart Preview, the view is normal as before and the grain shows the layer I selected. Without Smart Preview,  Lightroom is very slow, much slower than it was before the update. My System should be fast enough! 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 

3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 

72 GB 2133 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the exact same problem. I reallly hope Adobe fix this bug. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue and it's KILLING my editing time. Its painful! 

Catalina 10.15.7 

3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 

27 inch - late 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERES THE FIX!!! 

Please click on-Edit from the menu bar
select preferences >performance>Use Graphics processor> turn it off
and relaunch Lightroom classic 

No need to go back in and turn Graphics Processor back on  b/c it automatically uses the integrated graphics card of the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding me? 😄  The solution is to turn off the dgpu usage? 😄 The integrated gpu is zero effective. Weak. (in Mac-intel) The new v10 upgrade brought the gpu support for the Brush and for sg else, I forgot. So at last LrC having more help from the gpu, but now it has a lot issue with it... LrC uses the gpu fewer, than it should, but this is the way to gain more speed. The solution cannot be to turn it off.

Anyway, I tried it also, not working, having the same issue without the gpu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v10.1 and this terrible bug is still there. kidding? Again downgrade to v9.4.... OMG!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2021 February now, and this grain issue is still existing on v10.1.1. I really don't understand, what's going on!

My hardware is perfect, everything works, turning off the dedicated GPU doesn't solve the problem. 

So again, if I set any grain on a photo, in Library modul it will show a much-much more heavy grain, not even close to the original Develop settings. Also scrolling with these photos is slowing down a lot because of loading the photos with the grain thing. 

I have to use v9.4, no issues with this version. Dear Adobe, could you tell us something? Could yiu fiy this please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still use v.9.4, too. This is absolutely unbelievable. For us, it is not possible to work with the grain bug. Adobe, I can not understand, why this heavy bug is still in the new releases??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

24.09.21 -> is the bug fixed, now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines