• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Plugin Support

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Plugin support for Lightroom CC! Ability to seamlessly use plugins like Topaz Denoise or Aurora HDR are the only thing missing for me in lightroom CC. Exporting, editing in other app, exporting again and importing back to lightroom is a huge pain.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
59 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use the Negative Lab Pro plugin to convert scans of negative film into positive but am unable to use this plugin in Lightroom, it's only available on Lightroom Classic. Why Adobe??! I love the creative cloud and all the other features in the new Lightroom but this ruins my workflow and I don't want to pay for both versions of Lightroom as they are basically the same give or take a few features. A single version of Lightroom with the features of both variants would make everything so much easier...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LC CC (so I can work on my iMac and / or iPad Pro) for years now and there is still no support for plugins?  I understand that it may be tough to support heavy-weight plugins that require a bunch of local processing power, but there aren't even any plugins for customer distribution / sales platforms to distribute to customers?  I transitioned away from LR Classic a while ago thinking Lightroom CC was the future because it is multi-platform, which brings me great flexibility.  Adobe has fallen very short of my expectations on how the Lightroom CC (not Classic CC) as a product has evolved.  If there isn't a plan for plugin support in the future, please tell us customers so that we can decide if Lightroom CC is still a viable solution.  Years of waiting has really brought me doubts as to if Adobe will actually run with this ball or just drop it.  Please advise on your future vision for this product. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pablo,  just want to report back that Adobe hasn't made a lick of progress on this in the last 3 years, quote sad really.  Multi=platform support is such a good idea too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Luminar 4 installed on my iMAC and also have Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC.  Luminar 4 as a plug in to Lightroom Classic works fine.......BUT.....I don't see an option to install Luminar 4 with Lightroom CC.   Am I missing something or does CC not yet support Luminar as a Plug in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe ANY plug-ins are supported in Lightroom CC at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (desktop, formerly known as Lightroom CC) does indeed not support plugins.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Tried to search through here and everything I could find was 4+ years old. Are there any plans to include the ability to use 3rd party plugins in Lightroom CC (not classic)? I really like Lightroom CC for editing my digital photos, but need the Negative Lab Pro plugin for my film photos. Would really like the ability use the one program for everything, even better if this would be possible on other platforms as well. If this is not an option, are there any way/plans to migrate easily from one program to the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see numerous Discussions on the topic of missing plugins support for Lightroom (currently supported in Classic only), but nothing in Ideas, which I believe is where feature requests go, and where upvotes happen. For example, I'd love to be able to write a plugin that would let me convert selected RAW files to JPG in-place without exporting and re-importing. 

So this is my formal request to please please introduce a plugins architecture for Lightroom Cloud-based. Bonus points if we can write plugins in Python or other scripting languages 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add plugins for Lightroom (formerly cc or cloud version )or if it's never going to happen let us know 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the topaz photo suite, and I only use the new Lightroom. Topaz has a plug-in for Lightroom classic but adobe has not implemented plug-ins in the new Lightroom, limiting the capabilities of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Can Plugins ( like Topaz or DxO ) be installed on Lightroom (cloud-based).

If so, could you please direct me to the installation info.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom in the cloud does NOT support plugins.

You can ask to turn this into an idea and upvote it.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A feature request thread already exists and you can add your 'upvote' here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-plugin-support/idi-p/12355007

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree.  Lr needs the ability to incorporate plugins.  I much prefer editing and moving between devices with Lr, but the inability to easily use plugins like Topax is a necessary function that is currently not possibly, and not easily achieved even when trying to move from Lr to LrC.  Please bring plugins to Lr!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with this statement completely.  Plug-in acceptance for Denoise or PureRAW is very much needed, and is the only main feature missing that I need on Lr iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the plug-ins that I have purchased  (Topaz photo AI, ShootProof , etc) will not work with Lightroom Creative Cloud version. All work only with Lightroom Classic. Had I known, I would have purchased Lightroom Classic. Is Adobe working on a solution, is there a way around this issue, or are we all just stuck? 
Thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the Lightroom apps currently support plug-ins, and Adobe have given no indication (they rarely do) that they are working on adding such functionality.

I've no doubt that if you contact Adobe's Customer Support they will enable you to switch your subscription to the Photography Plan, which includes Classic and Photoshop as well as the Lightroom apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My entire photography landscape is based around Lightroom (not Classic) but I've started to realize how much I'm missing by not having plugin support. So I went for the Photography plan and decided to switch to Classic, only to find nothing but beachballs when trying to Classic. I love Lightroom and don't look forward to switching to Classic, but was willing to downgraade just for the plugins, only to find that I cannot. This situation is really not good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all.

when are we getting support for plugins beyone presets for Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here can tell you when or if such support will ever become available. I suggest you add your vote to the existing feature request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-plugin-support/idi-p/12355007

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from LRC to Lr to access the cloud storage. I would appreciate the addition of plugins for Luminar, Aurora HDR and Topaz. Or a way to open the cloud storage from within those programs 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a professional wedding photographer based in Michigan. I've been looking into outsourcing my editing, but most editing companies are only compatible with Lr Classic via plug-ins and catalogs.

I made the switch from Lr Classic to Lr Cloud years ago and I'd hate to go back. I love working seamlessly in Lr Cloud & Lr Mobile for my social media management.

I BEG of you Adobe, PLEASE ADD PLUGINS TO LIGHTROOM CLOUD! This will change the game for my business and sanity.

Warm regards,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE ADOBE I BEG OF YOU TO ADD PLUGIN SUPPORT TO LIGHTROOM (CLOUD VERSION)!

I made the switch years ago and I absolutely LOVE the simplicity of Lightoom and Lightroom mobile EXCEPT the one giant flaw there there is no plugin option available for things like ai editing tools, auto publishing to online galleries, ect... 

PLEASE MAKE IT SO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I would be elated if Adobe app developers would consider adding the plug-in feature to Lightroom. This feature is available in Lightroom Classic, but not the newer Lightroom (Cloud).

I switched over from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom years ago, and I will never go back! Lightroom is so clean, easy, and I LOVE how seamlessly it to use with Lightroom Mobile for social media management. I'm a professional wedding photographer and would really love to take advantage of all the new AI editing softwares coming out, many of which offer a Lightroom plug-in.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD PLUG-INS TO LIGHTROOM (CLOUD) AND SAVE US BUSY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER HOURS OF EDITING!

Votes

Translate

Translate