Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac crashed - Lightroom CC and Classic won't open, need help

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running macOS Mojave V10.14.5

Last night a power failure shut down my computer. When restarting all programs were fine but my Lightroom programs. When I start Lightroom Classic, it gives me an error report that "Lightroom unexpectedly quit..... do you want to Reopen", when I click reopen it goes into an endless loop of continually asking that same question. When I open Lightroom CC, it opens but I have a blank screen with a spinning circle.

I've tried uninstalling both programs, and reinstalling them.

I've tried other tips I've seen online like running a Mac sweep with Onyx

I've rebooted.

My pictures are on my mac hard drive, I can see them.  I can run Lightroom CC from my Windows laptop and all my cloud pictures are there.

Need help,

Thanks

Ronlightroom_classic.pnglightroomCC.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rontravel.yvr,

Sorry that you cannot use Lightroom Classic and Lightroom desktop on your Mac as it crashed due to a power failure. Let us help make this right.

It seems that there are some registry entries that might b causing this issue. Removing both the apps using Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool and then reinstalling them might help the cause. See  Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still doesn't help. I did this also before posting on the forum but I tried again and it still is a problem.

First off, I don't think the cleaner tool runs fully.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.29.58 AM.png

I get this one error, and I can't find any .log file on my computer as stated.

When reloading everything, Lightroom classic still won't open. I just get in an endless loop that the program crasshed before, do I want to reopen.

For Lightroom CC I get this error

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 8.52.02 AM.png

There must be some library file corrupt...

Thanks for the help

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.... can anyone help getting Lightroom working on my computer again.

Thanks

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you can see all your images on your windows laptop, the simplest thing to do is to delete the Lightroom Cloudy library from your computer. It will get automatically recreated from the cloud data. This is done by dragging the file "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" that you should see in your Pictures folder to the trash. Do this will Lightroom Cloudy is not running. Then restart Lightroom Cloudy and it should say it needs to do some cleanup and after a while you should see all your images start show up again. If this doesn't work, you should log off of creative cloud from the creative cloud icon in the menu bar and then log back in.

For Lightroom Classic, the best thing to try first is to reset the preferences. Reinstalling seldomly does anything. You reset the preferences using the instructions here:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines