Highlighted

MAC OS Catalina thinks Lightroom 3 is a virus

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following message when I try to start Lightroom 3 on my MAC with Catalina installed. 

What should I do?

Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 15.34.07.png

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MAC OS Catalina thinks Lightroom 3 is a virus

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following message when I try to start Lightroom 3 on my MAC with Catalina installed. 

What should I do?

Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 15.34.07.png

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this may be a very ancient version of what is now called Adobe Lightroom Classic (and which is version 9). I doubt that Lightroom 3 will run on Catalina.

There is also a new application simply called 'Adobe Lightroom', and this happens to be at version 3.1 right now, but because that application is simply called 'Adobe Lightroom' on your computer, I'm not sure which app it is that is giving you this error message. 

So which Lightroom is this? The very old Lightroom (Classic) 3? Or the new Lightroom? If it is the new Lightroom then you should uninstall and reinstall it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the old Lightroom 3. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your only option is to upgrade to Lightroom Classic, or roll back your OS. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines