• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac to PC backup catalogue import

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I do not use lightroom much, and do not do a lot of photography, so please be kind in your answer. I ended my cloud subscription about 18 months ago, and recently purchased a licensed copy as this worked out cheaper and suited my very minimal needs more. I have installed the licensed program on my PC. My lightroom catalogue was previously backed up to my Mac. When I try to open the catalogue, and go to the area where it is saved on my hard drive, it does not display. I understand there are likely differences between files etc with Mac and PC. Is it possible to install a backup catalogue on a PC that was initially saved on a Mac? Obviously I should have researched all this before ending my subscription, but I didn't. My catalogue does not have a lot in it, so it will not be a big deal if I need to re-import all my photos an re-edit. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac and PC catalogues are fully interchangeable. So your problem is probably that on your PC the ex-Mac catalogue is not where you think it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First a warning. You say you purchased a licensed copy, but those are no longer for sale. That means that you must have bought an old Lightroom 6 license. If you used a newer (subscription) version of Lightroom, then you will not be able to open your newer catalog with that old Lightroom 6 version, regardless of whether it was created on Mac or PC. As you ended the subscription 18 months ago, this may not be a problem however.

The problem may be that your Mac backup disk is formatted in HFS+. That is a disk format that your PC cannot read.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines