Highlighted

MacBook Pro is a graphics card necessary for future versions of Lightroom and Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked in this group and others but I can't seem to get a concise and accurate answer.

I'll try to be clearer. 

I'm about to purchase a 13" MacBook Pro with embedded graphics. I believe future versions of Lr  and Ps will fully utilise a graphics card.

My question is this - Will I be ok with the 13" with embedded graphics or should I consider the 16" MacBook with a dedicated graphics card? 
i have a preference for the 13" because it's more portable for travel. 
thank you for your assistance! 
Kind Regards 

Steve Callaghan 

Topics

Feature request, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MacBook Pro is a graphics card necessary for future versions of Lightroom and Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked in this group and others but I can't seem to get a concise and accurate answer.

I'll try to be clearer. 

I'm about to purchase a 13" MacBook Pro with embedded graphics. I believe future versions of Lr  and Ps will fully utilise a graphics card.

My question is this - Will I be ok with the 13" with embedded graphics or should I consider the 16" MacBook with a dedicated graphics card? 
i have a preference for the 13" because it's more portable for travel. 
thank you for your assistance! 
Kind Regards 

Steve Callaghan 

Topics

Feature request, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define "OK'. Yes, Lightroom and Photoshop work perfectly well on a MacBook Pro 13" and there is no reason to assume that this will change with future versions. But of course a MacBook Pro 16" with dedicated GPU will be faster.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines