• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major (probably intentional) Oversight In LRCC

Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sooooo easy to upgrade your storage in CC, but exceedingly difficult to manage your 20GB of cloud data. 

My synced folder clearly uses 11.3 GB - Windows Explorer tells me so - yet it took a Customer Care Agent to determine what was taking up the other 9GB. See, apparently my 1000 jpgs are taking up 9GB (yeah right) of data in the cloud (synced LRCC files), yet - suspiciously - I can't filter by file size, or even select all my photos in LRCC and determine how much room it's actually using on disk. 

The agent told me that he could 'see' -from his end- that I was using 9GB through LRCC. When I asked him where I could see this for myself, he told me that I did not have access to that information. THAT. IS. SKETCHY. 

Obviously Adobe can see how much data LRCC is using in the cloud, but conveniently denies its users this convenience because it really wants to upsell you on more Cloud Storage. What a load of crap. Transparent money-grubbing motives right there.

This is doing ZERO for customer loyalty.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see how much cloud storage you are using by either Lightroom (Cloud Based) Desktop, on Lightroom Web or on Mobile.

Can you send a screen grab from any of these? 

If Lightroom Desktop's case, the amount of local storage probably won't relate to the amount of cloud storage, due to cache settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if by Lightroom Desktop you mean LRCC vs LR Classic (those effing names btw...), but assuming you do mean LRCC, yes, I see that little cloud icon that tells me how much cloud storage is used/available. The issue I have is that this cloud storage is used across Adobe's entire CC suite and doesn't specifically tell me how much cloud data is being used by LRCC specifically. The specific amount of cloud data LRCC uses was relayed to me by an Adobe agent who told me that he had access to this info - and that I did not.

This is a deliberate omission by Adobe (in my opinion) so that users won't be able to simply remove photos in LRCC that are using that cloud storage. Adobe is painting in vague shades in hopes that people just get nervous and upgrade to the full 1TB.

Further to this, deliberately misleading language is used when trying to remove photos from a LRCC Catalog vs. removing them from a LR Classic catalog. LR Classic uses the word "remove from catalog" - which assures in some way that one's photos will remain on disk, but simply removed from LR Classic. LRCC doesn't use the word "remove", instead opting for the fear-inducing word "delete" when removing photos from the catalog. After putting the photo in a temporarily deleted area - which still uses cloud storage for an additional 60 days - users have the option of fast-tracking this by "deleting" (removing) the photo from the catalog, which then invokes a warning designed to scare users unfamiliar with the software's limitations saying it will "permanently delete" the photo and "cannot be restored". This is obviously trying to confuse - and take advantage of - its users' naivety by using purposely misleading language, evident by the distinction between the two terms in Lightroom Classic (in Lightroom Classic, "delete" means it will be deleted from the disk itself). The distinction between language in two versions of the same software hardly feels like a simple oversight.

This is my issue with this software and one worthy of a class-action suit against Adobe, in my opinion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines