• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making multiple books at same time

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started a book in Lightroom that I will export to Blurb when I am finished but I can't finish it until the end of the year. I want to start another book and be able to work on both of them.  How do I do that?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Book Module indicates you are using Lightroom-Classic.

For every new book you start, you must [Create a Saved Book Collection] from the tab above the main window..

A Book Collection in the Collection panel stores a link to all the photos you use in the book (you can add more to a Book Collection), and it records everything you do to design a book.

You can have any number of 'Saved Book Collections' and return to any one of them by [Double-Click] on the Saved Book Collection or click on the white arrow (at the end of the Book Collection name).

ScreenShot056.jpg

I also like to keep my Book Projects together in a Collection Set.

On my desktop Lr-Classic I have about 25 saved Books in the Collection panel, that I can return to at any time.

(Also, you can Dulpicate a Book Collection, perhaps to work on a slight modification of a book for another version.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I had my photos in a regular collection and I did create a saved book
and that seems to be fine but now if I go back to my original collection it
is listed there but just a blank book.

When I try to switch to one of the other regular collections to start a new
book if I do create a saved book it addsall those photos from the first
book to it. I can’t figure out how to switch from one to the other.

I tried with another of my collections and it started adding them too. I am
sure I am missing something.
Patricia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some hints-

-Only use a Standard Collection for a Book ONCE, when starting a NEW book.

When you have created a [Saved Book ] with the 'used photos',  delete the Standard Collection! You will NOT need it again.

That will prevent this problem- "if I go back to my original collection it is listed there but just a blank book."

A standard collection taken to the Book Module thinks you are starting another 'new' book.

-"it adds all those photos from the first book to it. "

I do not have a definitive answer for this- it happens to me also, but only when creating a new book. I am lead to believe that the Book module is unsure of which images to use in the book until it is 'Saved' to a Book Collection.

Sometimes using [Auto Layout] then immediately doing [Clear Layout] may limit the photos to those you selected.

Or you can apply a filter (lower-right) to limit the photos to 'Flagged' or 'Rated', etc.

Or after creating the 'Saved Book Collection'- delete from this collection any photos you do not want in the book. (or conversly 'Add'  more you might want)

***But ALWAYS work from the 'Saved Book Collection' after starting a book. Never again from the top [Book] module menu.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines