• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making product shots pop/white background same image to image? (tutorial reco?)

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there,

I am a ceramic artist and am having trouble figuring out how to get the same white background on photos of my work from image to image. I have worked with the copy and paste edits and that is cool but seems the white back ground is different in each photo I take, even within same photoshoot-time of day, etc... and so I have to edit each image a bit more even after cut and paste.

I am not a pro photographer and have had good advice and have good equiopment. 

Can anyone suggest tutorials on either photo set ups (I am totally happy to learn better photo techniques to make the editing easier!) or on the editing practices. I do not want to eliminate all the shadow I just want the same white (tone/temp?) in each image.

I use an iPhone 8 for photography and Lr cc for edit and have a Mac(I am new to Lr and am learning/had previously used iPhoto only to lousy results.)

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I question whether you can really accomplish what you are trying to do with just an iPhone 8. Seems to me you would do much better with a camera that you can control manually, and some studio lights would really help for what you are trying to accomplish. The couple of other tools I might suggest you consider are demonstrated in the video I am providing a link to. Just suggestions. I don't do product photography.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=whibal&&view=detail&mid=F5D49041A6D8BAFDF6E0F5D49041A6D8BAFDF6E... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks so much for your advice. I APPRECIATE IT.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines