• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making the History stack much more compact

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things have long irriated me about the History stack in Lightroom.

1) Publish events

I often republish photos over and over again (for various reasons) and I find it really irritating that these are recorded in History. After all, if I step back to before a publish event in the stack, it doesn't UN-publish the image! 🙂

I would like to have the ability to tell LR never to record Publish events, with the option to also purge all Publish events from all images in my catalog.

2) Closely related sequential edits

I hate the way that LR adds a separate step to History with every single edjustment I make to e.g. with the Crop & Straighten tool. I often make a series of small adjustments to the crop and angle and can easily end up with 8-10 separate sequential entries in the stack. It is always (mathematically) possible to reduce these steps to one crop and one angle edit (possibly only one, depending on what maths LR uses behind the scenes).

I would like the option to tell LR "always compress immediately sequential edits into a single composite edit"- and also the option to tell it to clean up all the edits in my catalog.

With these two new features, the History stack would (for me) become far far more meaningful and useful.

"Less is more" 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. We are not Adobe. For feature requests, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for your feature request first. If it is already requested by someone else, then don't create a new thread but add your vote to the existing request.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, I understand that.

However, is there any rule against posting suggestions for new features to see how other users react?

The fact that the submission form includes a tag option called “Feature Request” seem to indicate quite the opposite 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines