Highlighted

Managing lightroom classic and lightroom cc

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve used Lightroom ‘classic’ for years and am a compete amateur. I’m just neurotic about keeping track of photos etc. I always had issues with the catalog and also getting my photos to the cloud so the new CC is cool. I’m essentially ‘redoing’ the storage of all 50k photos I have, so I put them onto cc, then installed a fresh Lightroom classic and chose sync. It’s now syncing all files to classic on an external drive- which is what I want. I also have cc on our mobile devises so new camera pix are coming to cc, then syncing to desktop - super cool.

My question is if I import photos to Lightroom classic, ie from GoPro or legacy phones, will those photos sync back to Lightroom cc in the cloud? Maybe I should add them to Lightroom cc, which will sync back to classic -  but I have thousands on my phones that I just want to sync to classic, then go to cloud cc.

I hope this workflow doesn’t sound convoluted.  My goals are having cloud versions of photos, and a backup on external HDs.

Topics

How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Managing lightroom classic and lightroom cc

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve used Lightroom ‘classic’ for years and am a compete amateur. I’m just neurotic about keeping track of photos etc. I always had issues with the catalog and also getting my photos to the cloud so the new CC is cool. I’m essentially ‘redoing’ the storage of all 50k photos I have, so I put them onto cc, then installed a fresh Lightroom classic and chose sync. It’s now syncing all files to classic on an external drive- which is what I want. I also have cc on our mobile devises so new camera pix are coming to cc, then syncing to desktop - super cool.

My question is if I import photos to Lightroom classic, ie from GoPro or legacy phones, will those photos sync back to Lightroom cc in the cloud? Maybe I should add them to Lightroom cc, which will sync back to classic -  but I have thousands on my phones that I just want to sync to classic, then go to cloud cc.

I hope this workflow doesn’t sound convoluted.  My goals are having cloud versions of photos, and a backup on external HDs.

Topics

How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new images will sync, but not as originals. Lightroom Classic only syncs smart previews to the cloud. If you want the originals in the cloud, then you must use Lightroom desktop to import new images, and let them sync down to Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply John. If you don't mind another question:

• will lightroom cc detect duplicates like classic does?

Appreciate your time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should detect duplicates.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines