• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many pictures are blurry/pixelated on new computer

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am solely using Lightroom CC for my pictures.  I just got a new Mac, and many of my previous pictures in Lightroom CC are now blurry or pixelated.  But not all of them.  Some (in the exact same folder) are perfectly fine.  I am a total dunce when it comes to things like this, and have not been able to figure out the issue.  Any suggestions?  Many MANY thanks in advance!!

Edited to add:  all of my pictures came onto my new computer when I synced by old Mac to my new Mac.  So I didn't have to do anything.  They were <poof> there on the new computer.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather,

If you are using the Cloud Based Lightroom (version 3.2) then that stores a certain percentage of full resolution photos in the local cache (the percentage can be set in preferences). These full res will be a mixture of recently imported and edited photos.

On the new computer the full res have to download from the Cloud, so may just be a preview. If you try to edit one of the problem files, does it get sharper?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Selodon - thanks so much for the quick reply!  The picture does not get any better when I go to edit it.  I wish I knew more about what the heck I was doing.  I need to take a class in Lightroom CC obviously!  Below is a SS of my local storage window.  I see where you are talking about the %.  Are you suggesting that I increase that?

Many thanks!

HeatherScreen Shot 2020-04-01 at 4.17.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines