• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking fixes

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I amf ollowing the adjustment tutorials for Lightroom, and having trouble with masking. The tutorial says I can see the mask when erasing or adjusting, by pressing 'O' on my keyboard, and in the tutorial the masking area turns red.
It doesn't on my machine. Pressing 'O' does nothing, and the only way I can see adjustments is be hovering over the pin - which is kind of unhelfpul in seeing where I'm making fine adjustments.

It may be that W10 OS uses a different button; it may be that there are some settings on my machine - because the cropping tool doens't work on pressing Enter, either...

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience ( W10 )with the Brush in Lightroom v4.0:

Repeatedly pressing [O] toggles through the options

Show Tool Overlay > Show Mask Overlay > Show Mask & Overlay > Hide Overlays > (Cycle again)

Also when Mask is visible [SHIFT+O] will toggle the mask colour  Red <> Green.

I have no experience re-setting Lr preferences, but that may solve your problems, or a re-install.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines