• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mass assigning key words

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently updated to Lightroom CC mobile on my ipad.  I have previously been working on the desktop version on my laptop.  I will be migrating all of my photos to lightroom CC, but want to know more about key words.  I ‘think’ I have mastered how to move collections to CC, but things I’ve read say that key words don’t transfer over. So I don’t want to migrate the whole catalogue until I figure that out.

Is there a way to mass assign keywords to photos in Lightroom CC?  I would like to select a group of photos and assign them the same key word.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If keywords are important to you, then you should reconsider that switch to Lightroom CC. While Lightroom CC does offer a crude way of adding keywords, it isn’t really meant for that. You can’t use hierarchical keywords, for example, and you don’t have a way to quickly add keywords to multiple images. Even adding keywords to single images is a pita, because you have to type them each time. No keyword list, no ‘recent keywords’ or ‘suggested keywords’ buttons. Instead of keywords, Lightroom CC uses artificial intelligence to auto-tag your images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Key words aren’t honestly something that I used very much in Lightroom Classic, but I thought since I am switching to CC, that it would be a good time to tags things as I brought them over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, keywords are not synced between Lr Classic and the cloud, but there is a way to make them upload (once). I don’t know if that also works if you migrate a Lr Classic catalog to Lightroom CC, but I expect it will. What you need to do is select all images and then choose ‘Metadata - Save metadata to Files’ before you migrate.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you migrating all of your photos to Lightroom? What are you hoping to gain from Lightroom that you can't do in Classic? Do you know how to sync collections in Classic to have selective images in the cloud? Classic gives you the ability to selectively choose which photos are in the cloud and which ones aren't. Lightroom uploads everything to the cloud. Are you sure your plan has enough cloud storage for all of your photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new ipad. I will be using it instead of my laptop. I am switching everything to mobile with cloud storage.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add keywords in bulk in Lightroom on your laptop. Use shift+click to select a batch and then click the keyword icon (bottom-right) and type your keyword into the box. It will be added to all selected photos.

You can use the migration tool to add all of your Classic originals to the cloud including keywords. Collections will transfer as albums, but folders are not recognized. Color labels are assigned as keywords. See the link below for exceptions and suggested preparation before starting migration.

Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines