Metadata storage

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are metadata captions or titles saved? Often when I am entering metadata in LR (the real LR installed on my computer) I see previous captions and titles from previous work. Where are these saved captions and titles saved?

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stored / Saved in the Catalog! 

And also in RGB +DNG files, or XMP sidecar files, IF you Save metadata to files.

What is a Lightroom catalog? | The Lightroom Queen

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.2, Photoshop 22.3, Lightroom 4.2, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I access these saved bits of data to modify or delete or do with whatever I like, as if in a word processing program?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the right panel of the Library module, under Metadata. There are different views you can choose to see all the metadata that can be changed, or just a subset.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan! And just a note for those who still find some mystery with this, you right click on the heading, "Title" or "Caption" which drops open a small window with the saved information within. If you want to copy the information,  highlight it, Ctrl+c then paste it where you like if you want to modify it or create you own storage database for all your titles & captions, really? If you want to clear the data you are prompted for that action when you right click. This is what I wanted to do.  To clear recent entries for these fields (meaning Title & Caption) or ALL metadata.

Do you know if these Title & Caption fields clear themsleves by default?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to clear these fields in a lot of images, you can either select them all and then use 'Sync Metadata' (make sure that the fields of the most selected image are empty and check these fields in the dialog). Or you can create a metadata preset with these fields empty but checked, so you only need to choose that preset.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the real LR installed on my computer"

Both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (desktop) are real Lightroom applications installed on your computer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines