• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate back to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Lightroom CC but would like to go back to Lightroom Classic. What's the best way to migrate the catalog back over?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

You could create a new empty catalog in LR Classic and then turn on sync under the identity plate (top left)

All originals & editing will download from the cloud into LR Classic

Before you activate sync set your preferences for download e.g. into a single folder, drive or external drive or into dated sub-folders based on date taken

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create a new empty catalog in LR Classic and then turn on sync under the identity plate (top left)

All originals & editing will download from the cloud into LR Classic

Before you activate sync set your preferences for download e.g. into a single folder, drive or external drive or into dated sub-folders based on date taken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to do that i get a pop up telling me that i can only sync a single LR catalog and that i am currently syncing "xxxx.lrcat" it asks if i would like to sync (the classic.lrcat) instead? if you choose to sync this catalog, photos that you've already synced will be added to this catalog.....

then i have 2 buttons "yes, sync this catalog instead" or cancel...

somehow i feel hitting the sync button will wipe out my cloud....or at least there is that nagging thought....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can only sync one catalog. Are you already signed in for sync with your Adobe ID on another catalog? Nothing will get deleted from the cloud without your own action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afaik no, i dont even have a classic catalog right now...i just created this new one to hit that sync button to download all files from cloud and have my existing CC library in a  classic catalog (and all my files local) again....i dont know why classic thinks i have a catalog synced, it might be an old instance before migration? i am just worried that hitting the "yes, sync this catalog instead" will, as it says: "photos that you have already synced will be added to this catalog"

since i have no clue which catalog LR is referring to, it might bbe my entire old classic catalog which i already migrated over to CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sync'd catalog is linked to your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand that, but right now (and as of the last year) i have only had one LR CC library, my files in the cloud....i dont have a LR classic catalog and only set one up right now to download everything from the cloud...i dont know where this other catalog is, why it is and most importantly what interference it might cause with this download (sync)....i checked my adobe account, i checked the LR CC web interface....i dont see any reference to a LR catalog.....

i am however worried that somehow my old migrated classic catalog (which is now my CC library) might be considered that existing catalog?

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 11.14.16 AM.png

this is the pop up....and this is the link for more information

How to sync another Lightroom desktop catalog with Lightroom for mobile

which is for older versions of LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the LR classic prefs, there is an option oder Lightroom sync to "delete all synced data"...which of course sounds scary....would this affect the LR CC cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialog shows you already syncing a catlog. If that is the case you need to turn off (pause sync) in LR Classic before starting a new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but i am not syncing another catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have sync paused. To sync down to LR Classic will not sync the metadata only the photos. So it is not a migration back.

The alternative is to use the downloader tool and then import the required photos from the dated folders manually.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afaik all adjustments and ratings are synced, everything else i am not worried about......saw the downloader tool, that looks like a safety net, all organization is lost......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying this out right now and will update with my results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

started the sync yesterday, looks like i might have some duplicates, bout not too bad, seems like a few collections i put online/synced 2 years ago popped up again....so far all adjustments and ratings are coming over, but the overall process is slow....download comes nowhere near my available download speed....either way it seems like a solid process....ability to pause and start up again is key....it looks like this will take 2-3 weeks non stop....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my photos synced perfectly! There's also the option to delete everything in the cloud which won't affect what you already downloaded.

How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i am reporting on this with about 1500 images to go.....the problem is that my catalog says there are about 26000 images.....which is just about reflected in the actual local storage.....funny thing is if i click "get info" on the folder, it first tells me the size is about 4TB (which would mean all files are downloaded) but then gives me the actual number of 700+gb (which is the 26000 images).....

it is still syncing....1500 images left....will it just download them all once the sync is complete?

there really isnt much happening at all....other then the number of files syncing getting smaller and the number of files in the catalog slowly growing but as of right now, there are still about 85000 images not in the catalog....or downloaded......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how this all turned out for you - but I would love to hear how it went.  I am in the middle of migrating back to Lightroom Classic - it is sad that Adobe still doesn't make this easier.  I have gone through the sync with Lightroom Classic, and now I am just nervould about pulling the trigger on deleting the originals from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything has downloaded from the cloud into your nominated folders you can safely stop sync (hover top left in Classic on the identity plate) and delete everything from the cloud. Nothing ever gets deleted from Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you log into the web app you can delete everything directly. The photos will be permanently deleted after 60 days.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines