• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating from a PC to Mac (Lightroom CC)

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Forgive me in advance if this information is listed elsewhere, but I could not find anything specific to this particular scenario.  I've been using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (Lightroom CC) for a number of months on a subpar PC.  I'm planning on purchasing a new Apple laptop soon, and that would become my primary machine.  As a result, I've been trying to find information on how to migrate all of my settings and data for all of my photos from a Windows Lightroom CC install into a brand-new Mac Lightroom CC install (would be the same version).  To complicate things a bit, I was syncing with the Adobe Cloud, but after nearly filling that up, I can't afford to pay more montly for more space via the Cloud so I paused that in order to use my hard disk space instead (or external HD).

So my question is how do I transfer all of my photos, edit settings, presets, etc. from a Windows install of Lightroom CC to a Mac install of Lightroom CC given that I'm using my hard disk for storage and with both systems using the latest install of Lightroom CC?  I tried to find this on my own in Lightroom CC, but it doesn't seem as intuitive as Lightroom Classic. 

Thanks for your time.  If there's something out there already I would be forever grateful if you could point me in the right direction (i.e. links, etc.)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?