• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating Lightroom 4 to a new Mac

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to migrate Lightroom 4 from one Mac to another. I can't find any steps to ensure the library and presets map over. Are they in the cloud and transfer automatically?

Is there a resource with steps to help with the migration of Lightroom 4 from one Mac to another? Any resources that can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the 8 year old version of Lightroom? If so that application has nothing to do with the cloud. It also may not run on a newer computer. Can you confirm what version of Lightroom you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4 being the latest public version: https://www.adobe.com/ca/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No migration is needed. Just install the Creative Cloud app on the second Mac, use that to install Lightroom, then when you launch Lightroom for the first time it will automatically sync with the cloud and download all the local content that it needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines