Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating multiple Photos libraries into Lightroom CC

New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I initially tested the process of moving pictures from Apple  Photos to Photoshop Lightroom CC with a small library that I created. The process went fairly smoothly so I wanted to continue moving photos over in separate, smaller libraries, rather than the entire thing. Apparently that's not possible:

I'm getting the error below:

Error: Already migrated. You already moved this Photos Library to Lightroom CC.

Solution: A Photos Library can be migrated to Lightroom CC only once. You can, however, migrate additional libraries.

My questions are:

1) I didn't already migrate this particular library to LR. This is a library with a different name and different photos.

2) In the "solution" section above, it says that I can "migrate additional libraries." How does one do that?

Thanks,

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the migrating multiple libraries thing refers to Lightroom Classic libraries and not Photos. It is indeed possible to migrate multiple Lightroom Classic libraries. Adobe probably assumes there can only be one Photos library and hasn't provided support for the trick some folks use to have multiple Photos libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's sounds like I'm out of luck at this point? I guess I'll be using Photos as my archive of older pictures, since there's currently no way to move them to LR CC!

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

You may also want to post here: Lightroom Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

That forum is monitored by Adobe engineers who may be able to give you more advice. Also of you search that forum, there are already a few Apple Migration threads that may be of interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines