Highlighted

Migration Apple Photos to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to migrate from Apple Photos to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC. I use the migration tool available from the File menu. The migration ended as I don't have enough space on my local HD.

As a workaround, I would like to move my Lightroom CC catalog (Lightroom Library.lrlibrary) to an external HD because it has enough storage for the migration.

I am unable to find a way to have my catalog anywhere else than my main HD.

Do you have any recommendation to complete the migration?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

As you're looking to migrate the Apple Photos Library to Lightroom CC, could you please check this article for possible errors and workarounds?

Possible errors | Migrating photos to Lightroom CC

Please let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Migration Apple Photos to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to migrate from Apple Photos to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC. I use the migration tool available from the File menu. The migration ended as I don't have enough space on my local HD.

As a workaround, I would like to move my Lightroom CC catalog (Lightroom Library.lrlibrary) to an external HD because it has enough storage for the migration.

I am unable to find a way to have my catalog anywhere else than my main HD.

Do you have any recommendation to complete the migration?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

As you're looking to migrate the Apple Photos Library to Lightroom CC, could you please check this article for possible errors and workarounds?

Regards,
Sahil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't change the location of the local library, but you don't need to. What you DO need to do is change the "Storage location for originals" on the Preferences>Local Storage tab. Do that before re-trying the migration, and set the location to the external drive. Because Lightroom copies the photos into its own disk space, that is what's causing the space problem on the system drive if you leave the originals location set to the default.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines